|S| Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Clan In Resistance: Fall of Man. Anyone is welcome to join the site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers

Go down 
4 posters

Who Wins
Celtics
2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_vote_lcap33%2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Lakers
2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_vote_lcap67%2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
THa-EXECUTIONER
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
THa-EXECUTIONER

2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers Empty
PostSubject: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:10 pm

Okay So I got the Celtics winning in 6 games, although I made this a poll option it would be nice if you wrote who you voted for so we can see. Well that is if you guys even care
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 1:44 am

After watching today's game, I see the Lakers winning in 6.
Bynum is back & even though he's no Shaq his presence in the paint is felt. The Lakers are better than they were two years ago & I feel the celtics are worse.
At first it was crazy seeing Garnett, Allen, & Pierce on the same team but now I think teams have them figured out.
Back to top Go down
THa-EXECUTIONER
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
THa-EXECUTIONER

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 12:57 pm

I can respect that, but I totally didnt expect the Celtics to win game 1, I do however have them winning game 2. But we will see. How long do you think Bynum can keep it up? If last night was any idication of the way things are going to go, I dont know if Bynum's body will hold up.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Dylan
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Angel_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 1:10 pm

i think the celtics will take it in the end, the lakers put too much weight on Kobe's shoulders and he will get worn down...
Now yea the lakers have more star players, but they will need to rest for some odd minutes and will those minutes they are on the bench who will step up and guard those celtics guys? I think the lakers will get worn down, they have some talent but not enough!
Back to top Go down
Garcia3552
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 1:29 pm

IDK WHAT GAME THE LAKERS WILL WIN BUT THEY WILL WIN
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 5:29 pm

Bynum isn't doing much and he doesn't need to be. Just the fact that he's there in the paint is enough to keep Boston from getting the same rebounds like they were getting 2 years ago.
As far as putting too much on Kobe, Gasol is there, Fisher is still clutch, Artest has his ups and downs but he hustles on every play, Bynum's presence is all that is needed, and Odom comes off the bench.
Regardless, Kobe likes/wants to carry the team to another championship the guys a machine and I don't see Boston stopping him or the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Dylan
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Angel_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/4/2010, 6:48 pm

yeah like i said they have more talent than just Kobe, but yeah i know what you mean how you say Kobe wants to lead the team and have them on his shoulders and stuff...but you never know what will happen
Back to top Go down
Garcia3552
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/5/2010, 7:53 pm

I AGREE WITH LIMIT
Back to top Go down
THa-EXECUTIONER
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
THa-EXECUTIONER

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/13/2010, 11:39 pm

You guys can agree all you want, at the end of the day, Boston is up 3games to 2, and will look to close out the series Tuesday night in L.A. much like I stated. but it should be a good game either way.
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 12:08 am

My point was that the Lakers were a better team & more likely to win the title than they were two years ago because of Bynum's presence in the paint. He hasn't played the last two games, and now the Lakers are down a game.
Even though Bynum's not their star player, he's big enough to disrupt those easy rebounds Boston keeps getting and he's good on D. Without him, then the Celtics will win, with him whole other story.
Back to top Go down
THa-EXECUTIONER
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
THa-EXECUTIONER

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 2:42 am

Bynum has played the last 2 games, he just hasnt been very effective. I dont want to say its over yet, because the Celtics still need 1 more win, but if you ask me, all you have to do to beat LA is stop everyone besides Kobe, let kobe go off for his 30-40, stop Gasol & Odom/Artest and they should win the game. Bynum is not a playmaker, and really shouldnt effect this series at all, stay out of the paint and you basically eliminate Bynums presence, which isnt that big of a deal for boston, because they are more of a jump shooting team, with the exception of Perkins/Big Baby. But it is obvious the Bynum needs that surgery. Anywho I look forward to another great game in this series on Tuesday.

I also think a lot of people are forgetting Boston's star power and I think Boston has more stars then LA does

C-Perkins/Bynum=even
PF-KG/Gasol=slight advantage KG
SF-Paul Pierce/Artest=advantage Pierce
SG-Ray Allen/Kobe=advantage Kobe
PG-Rajon Rondo/Derrick Fisher=advantage Rondo
6th Man Rasheed Wallace/Lamar Odom= slight advantage Odom
back up PG-Nate Robinson/Jordan Farmar= advantage Robinson
rest of the bench- advantage Boston

Basically when breaking down this series I think it will come down to the PG play, FT's made & the Bench play, and no one off of LA's bench has come close to the play of Big Baby Glen Davis.
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 6:02 am

Like I've said in previous posts, Bynum isn't the X factor he won't take over games but he does affect the series. He's been playing hurt the last two games, not the same player.
I agree Boston is a jump shot team but thats not whats killing the Lakers.
Ray Allen made 7 3's in game 3 I think? But that didn't beat the Lakers. Rondo was the one that killed LA that game, because there wasn't a big body in the paint to contest those shots were he would drive in for an easy layup.
Also without Bynum the Lakers don't rebound as much and they are letting them get easy offensive rebounds. As good as Gasol is he isn't as strong as KG or Perkins. With a healthy Bynum, its much more even, proven by the fact that they were up 2-1 while he was healthy and have lost two since.
His injuries are what stops him from breaking out, so much so that I say LA should trade him & Odom for Chris Bosh, much more complete player than both of them.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Dylan
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Angel_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 1:33 pm

Quote :
Like I've said in previous posts, Bynum isn't the X factor he won't take over games but he does affect the series. He's been playing hurt the last two games, not the same player.
Ray Allen made 7 3's in game 3 I think? But that didn't beat the Lakers. Rondo was the one that killed LA that game, because there wasn't a big body in the paint to contest those shots were he would drive in for an easy layup.
Also without Bynum the Lakers don't rebound as much and they are letting them get easy offensive rebounds. As good as Gasol is he isn't as strong as KG or Perkins. With a healthy Bynum, its much more even, proven by the fact that they were up 2-1 while he was healthy and have lost two since.
His injuries are what stops him from breaking out, so much so that I say LA should trade him & Odom for Chris Bosh, much more complete player than both of them.

I'm sorry to say but you can defend Bynum all you want but its not going to work man, cause i get on NBA.com to see whats going on and it says that Bynum says that "he is ready," now i don't think someone would lie about that just to get on the front page of NBA.com I just think he won't help his team lose another game, and see if your eliminating the rest of the players BUT Kobe then the lakers don't have a good chance at winning. So when you say Without Bynum i think you are full of shit!!!! they have other guys who can step up and play they arent scared like Bynum is, maybe if Bynum would just stop trying to act like the hero of the game and just let other people play then it would be different!!!! Sorry but I'm a LAKER HATER
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 6:37 pm

Angel_Dylan wrote:
Quote :

I'm sorry to say but you can defend Bynum all you want but its not going to work man, cause i get on NBA.com to see whats going on and it says that Bynum says that "he is ready," now i don't think someone would lie about that just to get on the front page of NBA.com I just think he won't help his team lose another game, and see if your eliminating the rest of the players BUT Kobe then the lakers don't have a good chance at winning. So when you say Without Bynum i think you are full of shit!!!! they have other guys who can step up and play they arent scared like Bynum is, maybe if Bynum would just stop trying to act like the hero of the game and just let other people play then it would be different!!!! Sorry but I'm a LAKER HATER

Yea big surprise there.
Of course he says he's healthy, but you see I have this thing called a TV and I watch the games and if you've been watching that series you know how much different the games and his play have been from games 1-3 to 4 & 5.
I don't know where you're getting at with Bynum being a hero he's not ball hogging and again if you would read any of my posts I've said he won't drop 30 points on Boston but if he's healthy his PRESENCE(I'm done saying that) on the court changes the way Boston plays. You say I'm full of shit, I say you're incapable of reading and finishing an entire post. READ what I've written, Boston is a jump shot team but that's not enough to beat the Lakers. Boston is rebounding on O & D much easier and they are driving it in for easy uncontested layups without Bynum.
You say other players should step it up, they should, but its not there fault they aren't 7 ft. Gasol can't really guard KG or Perkins let alone both of them.
Back to top Go down
THa-Limit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime6/18/2010, 3:17 am

Lakers over Boston, I guess no one really called it. It was either Celtics in 6 or LA in 6 and it went to game 7. It was a back & forth game but my Lakers took it, LA Champs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers   2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009/2010 NBA Finals Celtics/Lakers
Page 1 of 1